Guidelines for Alliance Customer (“Customer”) online sales and marketing of Ten Thousand Villages products
- Ten Thousand Villages products may be resold through Customer’s own branded website domain. Sales of products through any third-party site or marketplace outside of the Customer’s branded domain are prohibited.
- Customer must have a well-designed website and use semantic HTML5 and proper schema markup.
- Customer may use the Ten Thousand Villages brand name, product specifications (such as material, dimensions, etc.), product image and artisan information from Ten Thousand Villages wholesale website. Replication of Ten Thousand Villages product name, 7-digit SKU, and description is prohibited.
- Customer may not replicate Ten Thousand Villages blog content or other marketing copy on their branded domain site.
- If advertising with paid providers (such as Google, Bing, etc.), Customer may not bid on keywords or phrases containing Ten Thousand Villages branded terms including but not limited to: Ten Thousand Villages, 10,000 Villages, 10k Villages, 10 Thousand Villages.
- Ten Thousand Villages reserves the right to revise our policies and refuse purchases for online sales if these guidelines are not followed.
- Alliance customers who purchase items for resale pay the wholesale prices in the wholesale catalog. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- All retail prices are suggested retail. Tags may be removed, and retail prices may be changed.
Shipping and Handling
- All delivery addresses must be in the contiguous U.S.
- Ten Thousand Villages does not offer drop shipping.
- Orders will be shipped within one week of receipt.
- A $20 handling charge will be added to all orders under $100 wholesale.
- Orders over $500 will usually receive free ground shipping. Orders under $500 will pay a 6% shipping charge on the shipped wholesale value of the order.
- Our goal for domestic shipping is to “break even” on costs. On rare occasions, typically due to a combination of distance from our warehouse in Pennsylvania and the size or weight of products on an order, the shipping costs will far exceed 6% of the order total. In these cases, we reserve the right to contact customers to discuss options to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Expedited delivery – any order can be expedited; however, customers pay full and actual shipping charges. Contact Customer Service for approximate shipping charges. Request must be made within one hour of placing the order.
- Ten Thousand Villages occasionally offers shipping promotions. The wholesale value of the order will be calculated on the amount shipped.
- Invoices are emailed when orders are shipped.
- All accounts may pay with a credit card. VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards are accepted.
- An account may apply for Net 30 terms when wholesale purchases reach $5,000 or after four (4) completed prepaid orders. Contact the Accounts Receivable Accountant to begin the approval process.
- Net 30 customers will be charged a service charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) on overdue invoices.
- A Deferred Payment Program is available for holiday purchases to all eligible alliance accounts with annual purchases over $30,000. All eligible accounts must be current. Contact the Accounts Receivable Accountant for additional information.
- An account statement is sent monthly to all customers with a balance due on their account.
Support is available during normal business hours, ET:
- Customer Service – phone: 877-883-8341, Fax: 717-859-8166, email@example.com
- Chris Oliver, Wholesale Business Development Manager – 717-278-2282, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret Pacilio, Accounts Receivable Accountant – 717-859-8123, email@example.com
- Invoices should be paid in full on or before the due date for Net 30 orders. For any errors or damages resulting in credits, please contact Customer Service within 30 days of receipt. Prepaid customers will be refunded to their original form of payment.
- Spare parts may be available for products containing multiple pieces. If you would like to request a spare part to replace a damaged multi-piece item, please contact Customer Service.
- When contacting the Customer Service department, please have the following information available:
- your account number
- the SKU of the item you are claiming or requesting a spare part for
- the order number
- the problem with the item (overage, shortage, damage, etc)
- Ten Thousand Villages reserves the right to request that damaged items be returned for inspection to issue credit for the damages.
- Approval from Customer Service must be obtained before returning any merchandise to Ten Thousand Villages.
- When possible, attempt to add overages to existing stock. Ten Thousand Villages will pay return shipping charges for any shipping errors by sending a prepaid return label once your request has been approved.
- A 10% restocking fee may be charged for returns.
An account will remain active by purchasing from Ten Thousand Villages at least once per year. Inactive accounts will be deactivated. A reinstated account will be expected to follow the payment procedures for new accounts as outlined above.